Your privacy is critically important to us. The entire purpose of the service is to sync and process your information, so if that is not something you understand then you should not create an account. We meet UK security and governance standards for processing secure health data.
- The content of your app is yours to host and share.
- We don’t sell it to third parties.
- We don’t target-market you.
- We don’t mine the contents of your notes. They are there for you.
- We want to run some analytics on the data to build better tools for you, but we anonymise the data first, so it can’t be tracked to you.
- You can delete your account and request that your data be removed from our servers. No problem. Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are under 17 you need your parent or guardian’s approval to give your personal details.
If we change our policy in the future, we will notify you, but underlying everything we do is building better tools for you to connect with your support networks and share you health information.
Now here’s the official version. Let us know if you have questions, comments or concerns.
This policy applies to your use of the mumoActive mobile application (the “App”), once you have downloaded the App onto your mobile telephone, tablet or other handheld devices (“Devices”). It also applies to your use of our websites, which are http://every1everywhere.org/ and https://mumoactive.com/ (“Our Sites”). The App and Our Sites are owned by mumoActive Limited (“we” or “us”), and this policy explains how we will use any information that you provide to us.
More detailed information
Information in your account
We only process information on your behalf that you add to your Mumoactive App or Personal Dashboard
- Name, age, email address, Skype address, phone number and other information options in your Dashboard.
- NHS or health insurance number (Mumoactive meets UK security compliance standards for you to host secure information).
- Blood sugar levels, carbohydrates, insulin.
- Plain text notes.
- Other health data in your Android version of the Mumoactive App.
Where we store your information
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via our App or Our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk.
If you are aged 16 and under you need your parent’s or guardian’s approval before giving us your personal information.
How long we store your information for
We may retain information relating to your condition for the data analysis purposes described below at clause 5(d) if we have already anonymised or aggregated it. You can ask us to delete your personal data at any time by contacting us by email at email@example.com.
Uses made of your information
We will use information that you provide to us:
- To provide you, and others to whom you provide your unique identifying code, with the information and services that you request from us. For example, we use the information you provide us about your blood sugar and blood pressure levels to present you, and those you have given access to, with graphs showing your historical blood pressure and blood sugar levels over the previous three days;
- To notify you about changes to the service we provide;
- To administer our App and Our Sites;
- only in anonymised form, for internal operations including troubleshooting, building algorithms for data analysis, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our App and Our Sites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your devices;
- As part of our efforts to keep our App and Our Sites safe and secure;
- With your prior consent, for marketing purposes.
Please see section 7 (Your Rights) below for further details.
Disclosure of your information
We will only disclose your personal data to third parties in the following circumstances: *if you disclose your email address and password or unique identifying code to a third party, they will be able to access the information you provide relating to your condition in real time through their own copy of the App. You should only provide your email and password or unique identifying code to individuals who you want to be able to access this information; *if Mumoactive Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and *if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
We will not process personal data relating to your condition for marketing purposes at any time. We will also not provide your contact details to third parties for marketing purposes at any time. You have the right to ask us not to process your contact details to tell you about any other products or services we may offer (1st party marketing). We will request your consent if we intend to use your contact details for such purposes (we don’t).
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to ask us for a copy of all the information we hold about you. You hold all the information in your App or Dashboard.